Wind for Industry®
A wind energy project designed to achieve a significant reduction of an industrial facility’s electrical consumption from the grid. These projects involve installing one or more utility-scale wind turbines and interconnecting them on the facility’s side of their utility meter.
Building a project
- One Energy provides Wind for Industry solutions for large electricity consumers. Wind for Industry is the installation of one or more utility-scale wind turbines at an end user’s facility to directly offset its retail electricity consumption.
- One Energy oversees projects from conception to installation and through operation.
- Our management team has installed more than 2,000 turbines.
- One Energy is responsible for the largest corporate behind-the-meter wind projects in the United States.
Cooper Farms, Haviland Plastics, and Valfilm.
customers include: Marathon Petroleum, Whirlpool Corporation, Ball Corporation,
- More than 27 MW are operating or are under construction.
- Industrial operations are electricity intensive.
- Industrial consumers are susceptible to fluctuating energy costs.
- Industrial consumers continue to receive pressure to reduce GHG emissions.
- Electricity rate uncertainty introduces unpredictability into companies’ operating expenses.
- The commercial electricity market does not offer hedging solutions or certainty beyond 3 years.
- Provide 20 years of fixed-rate certainty.
- Be delivered with no capital cost.
- Improve our customers’ bottom line through immediate OPEX REDUX.
- Supply a significant portion of a facility’s electricity needs.
- Provide a significant reduction in GHG emissions.
- Support our customers’ core businesses without putting them in the wind business.
Renewable Energy Agreement (REA)
- All CAPEX and OPEX by One Energy.
- No upfront investment required by customer.
- 20-year REA has service contract treatment and will not appear on company’s balance sheet.
- 20-year predetermined rate provides immediate OPEX reduction with long-term certainty.
- Customer purchases the turnkey wind project from One Energy.
- Initial Evaluation (2-4 weeks)
- Detailed Evaluation (1-2 months)
- Project Delivery (4-6 months)
- Project Operation (20 years +)
- Execute NDA (optional, customer’s preference)
- Customer provides:
- Electricity bills
- Basic facility land information
- 12 months of consumption data
- One Energy provides Initial Evaluation at no cost