SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Field Engineer will be responsible for supporting technical matters related to the development, construction, and operation of wind turbine projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Emphasis of position is on activities at construction sites. Regular physical work, including climbing wind turbine towers is required.
- Interpret and communicate technical information in project plans, specifications and schedules.
- Assist in site/equipment design and procurement activities in early stages of project development. Planning and development work will be at the home office.
- Create technical reports for development and operations consistent with engineering standards
- Prepare daily reports, schedule updates, quality control reports, and document material deliveries.
- Support business development and provide technical support for project engineering and construction activities.
Reports to the Director of Project Operations; no supervisory responsibilities
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college Engineering degree or Associates degree with related work experience
- Comprehensive understanding of engineering technology and tools
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
- Patience, persistence, and creative problem-solving abilities
- Must be comfortable solving problems that have never been solved
- Experience with Microsoft Office: expert in Excel; proficient in Word; proficient in Outlook
- Experience with 3D Drawing software and programming a plus